Monday, May 25, 2009

floors and views

I love this angle of the old stone home. From here, you can see the cedar-shake addition which comprises the present kitchen (multi-paned windows) and the family room (door entry). One can also see the gigantic, nonsensical fireplace and chimney that will eventually be removed from the premises.


The town dock/boat launch is across the street. This is the view from there.
...and this is the view from the front porch. Is it any wonder my family is concerned that I will never actually unpack and set up housekeeping?

The lure of the water is strong, I tell you.

That being very true, I assure you I have only been out with my kayak twice this season.


I have substituted smooth, broad strokes of the paddle for smooth, broad, polyurethane-laden strokes with a lamb's wool mop.

Don't feel sorry for me. All kinds of exercise are good for the soul.

I can also take up indoor skating now that our floors are so luxuriously smooth and shining. Come on over and give it whirl before the furniture gets in the way.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to come see the real deal instead of just pics! Maybe I'll drop by soon -- and get a whiff of freshly polyed floors!

    ReplyDelete