Thursday, July 16, 2009

life is a bowl of cherries sprinkled with roofing dust

I certainly don't attempt to be a literary genius on this blog. But if a speck of genius happens to show through, well then.

Any writing on these pages is mostly explanatory, anyway. Pictures generally will do the trick of keeping interested parties abreast of old our stone home. So, here come a beacoup-load of 'em. Have yourselves a fun time!

Here is the room in which I try to work. When the jack-hammering out my window becomes too intrusive, I go play scrabble online.

I'm playing a lot of scrabble online these days.

This machine is one of the quieter ones.

Up the road a few steps, you will find a different kind of progress. We call this property "The Green House". Because it's green, of course!

The laminate flooring is installed. The kitchen is looking great. Floor & window trim is almost done. I spend a lot of quality time here with a trim brush and Frank Sinatra.

Upstairs is apartment #2, which received a coat of primer the other day, thanks to a couple of generous friends with a sprayer. They saved me a lot of work and allowed me 17 1/2 hours of kayak-time.

Boy, do I ever like those guys..

This boy is dangerous. He is armed with a nail gun and he is perched on a roof. He aims at passersby.

No. Really, he & his dad re-shingled our porch roof yesterday. It was in shambles. But no more! It's now looking mighty fine.

Only one bat was harmed in the making of this roof. You don't want to know the details. Trust me.

Who says life is not a bowl of cherries?

We consumed a wonderful dinner on the porch last evening. Grilled chicken, garden salad, and grilled garlic bread, Oh, and bowls of cherries! Note: one does not need an oven to make this and many other meals. Which is good, because I don't HAVE an oven.

When all this fuss gets to be too much for me, I throw the kayak on the river and escape for an hour.
Today I watched a doe and her twin fawns drink at the shore. The babies bleated like little goats, but as soon as I got close enough to snap a picture, they followed their mom into the recesses of the grassy bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment