Thursday, January 7, 2010

dining room dreams

I spent some sweet time at the little yellow house around the corner last evening.

While dawdling a little one with wispy red hair on my knees, I laughed uproariously with three other kiddies as we watched a Winnie the Pooh video. The part when Pooh gets his big bottom stuck in Rabbit's front door sent us into a tizzy, with kids rolling over the couch while holding their stomachs in hilarity.

I had forgotten how much I love love love Winnie the Pooh. And hiney-humor is all the more over-the-top when shared with people under the age of 7.

After tucking the pajama-ed darlings into their beds, (and after a few gentle shush-es from the responsible adult in charge)- I settled into a comfy spot with a quilt and a few magazines. I haven't looked into a magazine since last year.

haha.

Here are a few things that excited me:

-the paint in this room
(click on to slide #3 for the best view)

-these frames displayed against a very similar color

-this chandelier. Our long harvest table would require two of them, though!

When I spotted that shade of paint on those pages, my eyes were entranced. It is the exacto-mundo shade that adorns the (future) dining room at our old stone home. Back in June, I was not sure if it was a keeper. But now that I am completely sold on it, I see it everywhere.

Friend #7 says she "discovered" it, although she hasn't yet been able to dig up the copyright FOR A COLOR.

Anyway. I have the proper accoutrements to accompany this perfect shade of blue/green/gray. An old manila envelope in my dresser drawer contains some treasure: breathlessly beautiful old black-and-white photos of Hubby's father as a child. Click here for details.

Won't they look wonderful in the dining room?

No comments:

Post a Comment