Friday, February 11, 2011

Sweethearts Dinner!


We are lucky enough to host a Sweetheart's Dinner tonight.

This is the time of winter to insist on the kind of evening event that will stun the doldrums right out of one's system. A fancy dinner at our old stone home with other couples falls into that category quite nicely.

Over the last 168 years, there have been other parties at this house. I plan to throw a few more while we are blessed enough to reside here.

This busy bee has been in her kitchen, a-buzz with food-fun. My very first Beef Bourguignon!

-with Baked Garlic Mashed Potatoes on the side.

Please indulge me with a few pics of the "new" china:


Oh boy. Am I ever having fun.

If I remember to grab my camera for the after-dinner entertainment, I shall share how grown-ups get greedy. We are having a good ole' Yankee Swap this evening. Wish me the best of grab-bag luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment