Wednesday, October 21, 2009

sights

Around this time of year, some people decorate their yards with fake graveyards, inflatable frankensteins, dancing ghouls, witches who have met their fate by bashing into trees, and spider webs.

I don't go for any of it, actually.

But I think the green kayak on wheels goes quite nicely with the gray stone, don't you? I think of it as my tribute to the season.


The real action is taking place around back. Here, the decking for the addition is being installed.
Soon we will be able to get to the back door without doing a tippy-toe dance.

And that won't be much fun, will it?

Here are the boards ( on the right) upon which we perform the tippy-toe dance.
It's all the rage.

All kinds of action takes place around here, making me feel guilty for relaxing on the leather couch with a warm computer.
-But someone needs to document all of this. Right?

These are sights you don't see every day.

I told you so.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful house you have. Love it.

    And you know how sometimes you have dreams, and you don't remember them until days later, when something triggers the memory? Well, that just happened. I dreamed that you came to visit us, and Ryan kept calling you "Nanny," and you would cooly correct him every time: "Nan. Just Nan."

    What kind of dream IS that???

    ReplyDelete