Saturday, August 7, 2010

bent willow furniture make-over

I purchased these three bent willow pieces at an auction recently. They came with cushions which were in excellent shape, but I didn't like the print (too country-cute) .

So I painted the seats pure white. Please don't ask me how many cans of spay paint I emptied. I promised Mother Nature I would never do such a nasty thing again. Plus, I got some on my tongue. But you didn't need to know that.

After spray painting and then using a paintbrush (and a bucket of exterior white paint) for many hours, I began to wonder if my auction "bargain" was such a deal!

But then I scooped up some awesome fabric ( especially for outdoor use!) on the clearance table at Jo-Ann Fabrics. Friend #12 is working on making slipcovers for me.

Don't I have all the luck?

Here is the finished couch. It's quite comfy! The view from the side porch is so perfect, too. Tonight we spotted an osprey dipping & diving over the falls.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment