Friday, March 25, 2011

shady business

I scored these mid-century teak lamps at last Saturday's auction. They set me back ten bucks.

Gratitude goes to my auction-buddy, Margaret, for envisioning them in our family room! I love hanging out with people who have vision.

-especially when adopting their vision doesn't cost me very much money.


An integral part of this "vision" included a fresh fabric on the lamp shades. This was a maiden voyage for me, but I was all over it like white on rice.

I had a little problem with getting started, as my first fabric purchase had to be set aside for -let's say-"other purposes". That's what happens when you have JUST ENOUGH fabric & then cut it the wrong way.

I did this in front of other people which provided much mirth for them.

I could have thrown straight pins at them. But I didn't.

Instead, I went on my merry way to covering two lamp shades with a bounce in my step & additional yard (and 1/8) of fabric.

The results make me happy! The back wing of the house has really been a place for me to play with new colors & prints that aren't my usual cup o' tea.

Speaking of cup o' tea, I may brew one, put my feet up, & enjoy my auction lamps!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE them! I read this and thought "I need to hang out with people who have decorating vision..."

    ReplyDelete