Thursday, February 25, 2010

all kinds of work

We all have a job to do. Usually, mine involves schooling my one brilliant student, keeping house, and not practicing the piano as much as I should.

This cozy corner is where I do a lot of stuff. Like lose scrabble games online.

This guy? Well.
This guy doesn't let any grass grow under his feet, no sirree.

In the past few days he has finished taping & sanding the guest room and the office. Then he primed them.
Here is the office all primed.

And here it is with its finish coat of "Lattice Work" and the new floor. This flooring has been in storage for a few years, waiting for the proper time to shine its rich, wooden glory. It's real wood; an exotic import called merbau. Check it out!

Hubby bought it for a $1/square foot from his brother, who had it left over from a job. Isn't it warm and expensive-looking?

Sometimes I leave my cozy corner, don paint gear, and get 'er done.

Today I did this project all by my big-girl self: two coats of "Olive Branch". The flooring is being installed as I type; the same flooring as the office right next to it.

Hubby will install baseboard heat and all the trim (which I will then paint). Then on Saturday, furniture will be moved into these two rooms to make space for the kitchen demo.

In the midst of all this clamor, we are generally enjoying ourselves immensely. We've never been the type to stress out during renovations. Isn't that nice?

1 comment:

  1. What fun! I must admit, I am a bit jealous of all your renovations. I am ready to find my own "old house" and get to work. Unfortunately, I must be content to dream and live vicariously through you for a bit more.

    ReplyDelete