Wednesday, February 17, 2010

in which I am won over

The saga of the harvest table continues. This chapter of the drama concerns paint color.

Does this look charcoal black to you? I humbly submit that this, my friends, is a rich shade of chocolate plum.

In more direct light, the chocolate gives way to pure plum. I wasn't even hungry when I declared the color names. Honest.

I had gone to the paint store to buy a shade of charcoal; one very similar to the shade of my ladder-back chairs. The plan was to paint the legs and apron to match the chairs, leaving the beautiful pine top to be covered in a clear poly.

I lingered over the paint samples until I found the correct shade of almost-black. It had a tinge of deep brown in it. It was called Coffee Clatch.

I liked that.

But what I brought home looked suspiciously a lot like purple. Because I personally have nothing against purple, I slapped a little on to see what it would look like.


-and fell head-over-heels in love with the results.

Now I am compelled to paint all of my charcoal black ladder-back chair in the same color. Here's hoping and trusting that this warm, rich shade pairs up well with the dusty blue on the walls of the dining room!

1 comment:

  1. Colors sometimes ambush us..this is so warm and inviting!! Love it...

    ReplyDelete