Tuesday, March 9, 2010

the hutch


I purchased this huge step-back cupboard last fall, thanks to an insider's tip from my friend Margaret.

We literally designed one side of the kitchen around it. It's that big!

The plan is to strip off the finish and then stain it a dark color. I am leaning toward a charcoal stain, but if by sheer accident, the color leans toward a rich plum, well then it can't be helped.

Hubby votes against the dark plum because he doesn't want the kitchen to look like a Mexican restaurant. (He didn't mind consuming my pulled-pork Tex-Mex casserole the other night, though. So in my mind, I have some leeway.)

As I was working on the inside of the bottom doors, I realized that I liked the "wrong" side better. The simpler trim will match the kitchen cupboards. Hubby said "no problem" to pull a switcheroo and flip them around so the inside will be the outside.

Isn't that fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment