Friday, March 26, 2010

pics for the curious

The big black trailer pulled into our driveway around 8:20 am.

Three guys began unloading very large birthday presents in assorted sizes.

They drilled & sawed and barked orders back & forth in a birthday-party sort of way.

Every once in a while someone scratched their head.

But around mid-morning, the bare-bones of our kitchen began to take shape.

I was pretty excited.

Here, Eric had an "eureka" moment. At the last minute, he had re-designed the sink cabinet.
From his hooting & hollering, I assumed he was pleased with the results.

He actually performed a variation of the I LOVE PINK dance in our kitchen. (see my other blog for details on THAT.)

I am not making this up.


We picked out a monster of a faucet. One can take a post-workout high-powered shower with this baby.

At lunchtime, Hubby took the guys up to the town square to the Hometown Cafe.
I would have fed them myself. But one needs a working kitchen for that.

Calm down, Nancy.

It's just your handsome husband
wearing a toolbelt
while putting the windows back on your hutch.

The hutch is heaved into place. We like its new home.

The baking center will have reclaimed slate for a countertop. Hubby will build them soon.
Notice the lowered counter for rolling cookies, pizza dough, and mixing.

One of my neighbors came down to view the progress. She had a new kitchen installed last year.
So she knows how I feel.

Here is the baking center side. The antique general store counter will be positioned in here somewhere. More on that later!

Stepping back into the unfinished family room, here is the view!

No comments:

Post a Comment