Friday, September 17, 2010

the news

We eat tomatoes from our garden EVERY DAY, in some shape or form. They are heavenly!

My fears about the shelving looking "cluttery" were unfounded. Boy, I likey these shelves!

After obsessing for months about the right rug for the family room ( and one that we could possibly afford) I found this one online. I ordered it around midnight on Wednesday & it was delivered to my front porch on Friday morning. ($2.95 shipping. I am a believer in overstock.com!)

It's absolutely perfecto.

It is late. 11:27 pm. And these three guys are installing the handrail to the spiral stairs.
One might admire their work ethic and rightly so. But the whole story is this: the boys didn't want to wake up early to help Bill, so they talked him into doing it tonight.

And that's the news from Madrid NY!

1 comment:

  1. I must say a few words about that rug....
    A photo does not do it justice! It is hand-hooked wool. The texture is rich & elegant-looking.

    It's my new favorite thing.

    ReplyDelete