Monday, September 13, 2010

old is new

Not all the progress is going on in the back wing around here. Oh no.

In the dining room (which is now REALLY a dining room; not a make-shift family room or kitchen) a true feeling of serenity is beginning to reign. Last weekend we moved the pantry cabinet back into the kitchen (again, the REAL kitchen!) and finally my recently-inherited hutch was hoisted into its new home.

My generous mom gifted me with this lovely piece. Before she owned it, my aunt displayed white ironstone in it. There in her New Jersey home, it was surrounded by her antiques which brought her & others years of joy.

After my dear aunt passed away, my mom took this hutch into her possession for a number of years before she INSISTED that it belonged in the dining room of our 1843 stone home.

I think it looks perfectly at home here.
Thanks, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment