Monday, June 8, 2009

Moving Week

I present to you some scenes from last week, hereby dubbed "Moving Week".

Oh, and also dubbed "Painting Week". Here you see the muted gold in the front room and that elusive gray/green/blue something-or-other hue in the dining room/sitting room.

We call it a sitting room because of all the choices available upon which to sit.

I like it ever so much with sparse furnishings. I wish we could live forever like this. Less to clean.

My favorite piece of furniture, the Tibetan Armoire, finds a new home. It took us a long time to train Friend #37 to say "Tibetan Armoire." But he has it in his repertoire now. I can hear him all the way from China, intoning "Ti-be-tan Ar-mwahhhhr" in his droll manner.

This little corner is where you can send me when I'm bad. I won't mind it a bit.

I like the leather couch cushions piled on top of our antique couch. It's a new way of doing things.

The neighborhood girls set up the poster bed for us. I waited a long time to have my bed back, Our last bedroom wouldn't accommodate it.

This scenario was viewed from the front porch. How will they get that table over that stone wall?

Like this, silly. Alley-oop.




We gathered at this very same table to give thanks later that day, and then we shared a meal and rested our tired backs.

Already, it feels like Home.

2 comments:

  1. JUST TODAY I thought, Oh goodness, I hope Nancy puts up pictures soon!

    And ta-da!

    Now I just want to see MORE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I NEED to come see the progress in person!

    ReplyDelete