Tuesday, June 23, 2009

progress

The noise begins at seven a.m. This morning it was a chopping noise followed by a clanging noise.

Large amounts of gravel were poured unceremoniously into the street. Right smack-dab in the middle, I say. The swinging metal door of an empty dump truck makes for an effective alarm clock. Also an equally effective laxative, if you have those issues.

I'm just saying, is all.

Over lunch, we ate tuna sandwiches and watched the construction progress from the front porch. It was as riveting as CNN.


Mostly, we didn't bother talking because our words were drowned out by the sound of progress.
Everyone managed to get across "more tuna sandwiches, please".

Later in the day, I wriggled my kayak through a maze of danger zones in order to access the river. From there, I snapped this picture so people would know the scope of this mess.

The crew is doing a great job. I only wish they would have a second cup of joe in the morning before they start their engines.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it just like you to appreciate even the noise, knowing that it means every day is one step closer to the glorious result!

    And some people complain about the birds waking them up.

    I'm just saying, is all.

    ReplyDelete