Thursday, November 26, 2009

all quiet for now...

I don't have the luxury of time this morning. But I wanted to post a few pics of the state of our surroundings. Here are a few scenes from yesterday.

Piles of stuff in the side yard. (above)

Workers scrambling to finish cement-work at the foot of the new bridge.

All this stuff was in my yard. Seriously. There is still more, but it wouldn't all fit.

Up the road. Notice the new stripes. Notice the lack of traffic.

Down the road towards the bridge.

This smiling face brings me much joy. We will sorely miss seeing Luke work his tail off from our kitchen windows.

The bridge will unceremoniously open late on Friday. I will not be here to witness it. Will I remember on Sunday to come across it? Or will I automatically take the detour without thinking?

I'll let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment