Tuesday, November 17, 2009

a stroll around the yard

These pictures were taken a mere ten minutes ago.

I wandered around our yard (I use the term "yard" rather loosely) with the camera to see what there was to see. Here is the mean machine that has been shaking my timbers all morning.

It is a veritable fire-breathing dragon.

Here is a member of the road crew. He is eating a hot dog. He is in need of a napkin.

Something about her expression tells me she doesn't want this picture of her eating hot dog to show up on the world-wide web.
From the front porch, I see this machine which is moving piles of dirt.

I see across the street towards the town dock.

I see my kayak perched on the bank of the town dock. It looks so cute there.


If it were warm enough to eat lunch on our zappy blue table, I would see this kind of stuff.

See the new bridge swathed in plastic? The plastic sheets are stretched over a wooden skeleton. Together, they keep the freshly-poured concrete from freezing. I call it The Greenhouse Effect.

Just a little more to the left, I see my side yard. Oh my goodness gracious dear me.
Can you understand WHY I chose not to rake this year?

Later today I may post some pics of the progress on the Big Project out back.

No comments:

Post a Comment