Tuesday, November 10, 2009

two teams at work

I will bet my bottom dollar that not everybody had this going on in their front yard today.

Or even some of this.

You see, we have a few projects going on simultaneously. One project is The Bridge and the other is The Road. On days like today, they cross paths.

-and when I say "cross paths", I mean literally. Both crew were crawling all over our corner of town this afternoon. They all brought stuff that made lots of noise. As a matter of fact, when my piano tuner showed up at the front door looking rather bewildered and ruffled, he was wearing these. Really, it was that loud.


Here, the paving guys are doing their thing. These curbs are pretty industrial.

From my front steps, I watched as this nifty ( and probably 60 ton) machine formed them. It was like those plastic squeeze things that you put play-dough into.

Way cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment