Wednesday, November 4, 2009

guys playing with large machines

I am sorry if photos of large machines are not your particular cup of tea.

But that's all I've got right now. At this present moment in time.

The crew is now ripping up my road. They already ripped it up to install sewer lines in July.
They ripped it up in August to install gas lines.

Last month, they ripped it up again just for the fun of it.
No. They had a reason, I'm sure. I am just not aware of it.

Now they are ripping it up to put a new road down. Then, in the spring, they will rip it up ONCE AGAIN because this layer is temporary. Just to get us through the winter.

I have a theory. I suspect these guys are ripping up the road merely so they can run heavy equipment and make noise.
As a matter of fact, on Halloween I spotted some of the very same guys going door to door with their orange vests and hard hats on.

Totally kidding. But my point remains: these guys love to dress up and play "construction".

When night falls (which is does an hour earlier now) they blare airport-quality spotlights
and keep finding stuff to do.

This is not the road crew. This is the bridge crew. But they are all cut from the same crazy cloth.

"Hey guys. I know what. Let's pour cement before we quit for dinner. So what if it is 5:17 pm and dark?"

This last quote was imaginary. But I truly heard them hooting and hollering with glee mere moments ago. I am not making this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment